Students created complementary color schemes and mixed complementary colors together to create neutral colors. They worked on a practice paper and a final watercolor board. These are some of the finals.
To learn more details and register, visit this link: http://www.sfaikido.com/camp-japan/
In the art class I am teaching at a local public high school, my students are looking at the intersection of science and art. They had to invent an animal hybrid and then label it as if it were a scientific illustration. Students looked at scientific illustrations by artists and scientists – both contemporary and [...]
My high school students are looking at the intersection of science and art in the form of scientific illustrations and hybrids. Recently we played a collaborative Surrealist ‘Exquisite Corpse’ game where each student drew part of a body, folded over the image so the next student couldn’t see, and then the next student drew [...]
- Musician Portraits with Mood & Expression – white & graphite on color paper – 9th-12th grade
- Still Life Object or Animal – 9th-12th grade – colored pencil
- Animal Hybrid Inventions 9-12th grade – graphite on paper
- Scientific Illustration Sketchbook 9th-12th grade
- Space City – Value/Form Drawing – 9-12th grade
- Martha on CAMP JAPAN, August 2013!!