I’m so excited! I just met with educators from the Asian Art Museum and they’ve confirmed two full afternoon field trips as part of this one-week day camp, August 18-23rd. We’re going to see and touch Samurai warrior armor, explore the Tea Ceremony, learn brush painting, see Japanese ghost prints and have a story performed to us! Yes! Back at the dojo, we’ll train in aikido: strikes, open hand, weapons, rolls, high falls, meditation, sparring and more. All is connected! 😀 The camp is geared primarily to 9-12 year olds, email me at email@example.com if you’d like more information! There’s still a few openings, but we’re keeping it small. Suginami Aikikai is located at 11th Street and Minna, just off Mission Street in San Francisco.
CAMP JAPAN this summer at Suginami Aikikai & The Asian Art Museum
- Musician Portraits with Mood & Expression – white & graphite on color paper – 9th-12th grade
- Still Life Object or Animal – 9th-12th grade – colored pencil
- Animal Hybrid Inventions 9-12th grade – graphite on paper
- Scientific Illustration Sketchbook 9th-12th grade
- Space City – Value/Form Drawing – 9-12th grade